Kale is one of those foods I've become obsessed with that I am not ashamed to admit or talk about, unlike my stint of Eggo waffles...(we wont go there...) This super food is packed full of cancer fighting properties and is also a superhero at lowering your cholesterol. Steamed, baked, stir fried, or raw, kale is good no matter how you prepare it.
Today I am sharing one of my many go-to recipes for an Asian inspired raw kale salad.
4-6 large Kale leaves
1 C of matchstick carrots
1 oz Rice Wine Vinegar
1 T of minced garlic
1 t of minced ginger
1 T of lime juice
2 T Sesame oil
1 T Soy Sauce
1 t chili paste
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
*a handful of crushed peanuts for garnish
1. Rinse and remove kale leaves from main stem, chop or tear up the leaves by hand
2. Add your matchstick carrots
3. Whisk together remaining ingredients in small bowl
4. Add dressing mixture to kale/ carrot mixture and toss together
5. garnish with crushed peanuts
It's that easy! I like to pair this salad with quinoa when I need a little extra protein, this also makes an excellent side to any Asian dish!