Friday, May 28, 2010

Highlighter

Image via...lefashion

Great use of yellow against stone grey 

Sauce tee from singer22

Im currently obsessed with the use of neon mixed with neutrals and nudes...Dree's Valentino dress is a perfect example. At first look I wasn't too sure how I felt about the silhouette but now I find it perfection.  Taking full advantage of Spring's nude trend, and mixing it with a flash of neon yellow makes it not only modern but completely whimsical. 

Using neon as a statement piece is a more "wearable" way to do this trend. By incorporating a bright clutch to a neutral canvas is so fresh...This Jimmy Choo clutch I came across on net-a-porter is perfect but pricey at $1495, I found Gwen's L.A.M.B version just as cool and at an even cooler sale price of under $100 at Nordstrom.

Bringing brights into your home is not as scary as you might imagine...Rachel Whiting's interior photography that I found browsing desiretoinspire, is the perfect example. Using one piece or even an amazing bouquet of flowers will do the trick just the same, just make sure the palette of your surroundings stay achromatic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment