Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday Tastings: My love for Avocado Toast

If you follow me on Instagram you know i am one of those people that can't help but snap photos of her food. My most recent food subject being one of my favorite snacks of all time. Avocado toast! Who knew that green mushy stuff spread on toasted bread could be SO DANG GOOD…not to mention good for you as well!?

Avocado is a fruit that is packed with protein and essential fats that your body needs, yes, your body needs fats! Without them, your metabolism slows and loosing weight is actually more difficult. They allow your body to better absorb nutrients, are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and can even aid in reducing signs of aging! yep…sign me up! 

All you need for this heavenly recipe is 1/2 of a large avocado, two pieces of lightly toasted bread, (I prefer a high fiber, low calorie option such as Dave's Killer bread, thin sliced bread. It contains 120 multi grains and comes in at only 60 calories a slice.) Next…add any spice you want. I opt for a little sea salt and a lot of black pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Mash up your avocado and spices and spread of your toast...

Add tomato, cucumber or even mix in some egg whites to your avocado for even extra protein and ENJOY! I promise, you won't be disappointed :) 


What are some of your creative way to incorporate avocado into your diet?

2 comments:

  1. I cannot get enough of avocado toast. I literally live on it in the summer (with a little hot sauce on top). Super delicious....you are making me crave it right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat avocado and cheddar cheese sandwiches with mayo! That is my favorite! The avocado has to be nice and ripe though. Most people think I am gross for eating it but I LOVE it! With tomatoes and other veggies it is even better.

    ReplyDelete