Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grecian Dreams and Turkish Delight...





Traditional Greek lunch in Athens, gyros, with tomato and red onion and tsatziki, bread with olive oil, and of course french fries. The most amazingly delicious meal.

 Most restaurants and cafes in Istanbul had outdoor seating with brightly colored pillows and seat cushions.
View of the Acropolis at night from our hotel, the entire mountain was lit, the result...incredible!
Santorini was everything I imagined and more. White wall architecture, with vibrant splashes of yellow and topaz. I was lucky enough to capture these shots in the perfect light...This was a small bar right off of the main walk, the view was breathtaking to say the least. The use of sunflower table arrangements really popped against the white woodwork. Small chapels covered the shores of the islands of Greece.


These are just a few, and I do mean few of the hundreds of photos I took on a Turkey/Greece trip I went on two summers ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't reflect on just how lucky I was to be able to see such amazing places. From the Turkish mosques to the grecian ruins, it was all so amazing...I couldn't begin this blog without sharing just a couple snaps that still bring me inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment